If you wish to sell your phone with AthCom.ie or give it away to your friends/family you should always disable all accounts and remove your Apple ID along with iCloud so the next owner can use the iPhone. If for some reason you have already give the phone away, there is another way to remotely do it.
You might have heard a “Find My iPhone” feature which is an anti-theft locking system developed by Apple. This feature is great when your phone is stolen where you can simply wipe it and disable it. If you have however given the phone to someone you know and forgot to disable it, you can remotely disable “Find My iPhone” by logging into iCloud.com. This method also proves to be useful when you are selling or giving away your old iPhone to someone. We have given a step-by-step guide to explain the process, follow it for complete details.
How to Disable “Find My iPhone” Remotely Using iCloud.com
- Step #1. The device which you wish to disable should be turned OFF or at least not connected to the Internet.
- Step #2. Now on your Mac or any other desktop visit iCloud.com.
- Step #3. Simply sign-in with your Apple ID and Password.
- Step #4. Once you are logged in, click on the “Find iPhone” icon.
- Step #5. On the top of the page click on “All Devices“. From the drop down menu click on the device you wish to disable.
- Step #6. You will be presented with a couple of options: The one we are interested in is “Remove from Account” which will unlink the selected iPhone from your iCloud account.
Click on “Remove from Account” to remove the device from the list. A pop-up will appear for confirmation, simply click on “Remove“ to remove the iPhone so that the phone could be activated and used by another person.
Apart from the above iCloud.com method, you can also do the same from other iOS device. Just download and install Find My iPhone App on any other iOS device and log in with your Apple ID and Password. Select the offline device and tap on “Remove”.
Let us know if this guide has helped you solve your problem, either by commenting on our Facebook, Twitter